Teaching and Learning Statement
Nothing has more impact on a child’s achievement than the quality of teaching they receive and in the new standards for teachers we have prioritised the importance of classroom practice and subject knowledge.
Dame Sally Coates, Chair of the independent Review of Teachers’ Standards and Principal of Burlington Danes Academy.
We couldn't agree more!
At Southfield Junior School, we are committed to high quality teaching and learning to raise standards of achievement for all children.
We work towards this by:
- Providing a welcoming, supportive, positive, calm and safe environment
- Having high expectations for all learners, teachers and support staff
- Developing children who thrive on the challenge of learning
- Creating curious and interested learners
- Developing children’s resilience to failure by learning from their mistakes
- Developing children’s understanding of the British Values and the school’s values
- Valuing and celebrating pupils’ success and achievements
- Providing positive role models
- Promoting the behaviour policies through ‘The 5 Fundamentals’
- Providing a rich and broad curriculum to enable children to acquire the skills, knowledge and concepts to prepare them for life in modern Britain.
- Developing children’s confidence and capacity to learn and work independently and collaboratively
Our Teaching and Learning Statement
Please click this link to read our Teaching and Learning Statement.